The Martha Dayton team helps developers, office building owners, and others stand out from the crowd by creating fresh, welcoming, innovative spaces that feel like something special.
The firm works with commercial clients throughout the Midwest on projects of all sizes, from 12-unit buildings to 27-story, 250-unit condo complexes.
We have particular depth in mixed-use residential interior design projects, where we do everything from plan reviews, specifying unit finishes, and designing common spaces to working with individual buyers on options. Count on us to understand your target demographics and to provide the right level of design—in terms of style as well as cost—and to communicate a sense of home, and a quality residence with owners who care.
When it comes to commercial projects, we believe strongly in the team approach, working alongside architects, developers, builders and property management companies to provide the best product possible.
Other commercial specialties include creating distinctive interiors for hotels and office buildings, and designing the common areas of public institutions.
COMMERCIAL CLIENTS & PROJECT EXPERIENCES: A PARTIAL LIST
- Solhem Companies
- Solhem Uptown • Solhaus • Soltva • Solhaus Towers
- Condominium/apartment/mixed use projects across Minneapolis
- Golder Hospitality Group, Inc.
- Holiday Inn
- Hotel, St. Paul
- Opus Development Corporation
- Burr Ridge Village Center
- Residental lofts/condos/ mixed use, Rosemont, IL
- The Excelsior Group
- Skyscape Condominiums
- Condominium/mixed use
- Paradise Management Company
- Black Forest Condominiums • The Pointe of St. Paul • Woodlake Point
- Condominiums/mixed use projects, Twin Cities
- Eberhardt Properties, Inc.
- Dermatology Specialists, PA
- Office building
- The Lander Group
- 301 Kenwood Parkway • Printer’s Row • 9th Street Lofts • Midtown Lofts • Dakota on the Park • Essex on the Park
- Residential/mixed use projects, Twin Cities, completed while Martha Dayton worked at The Lander Group
KIND WORDS FROM A FEW OF OUR CLIENTS
Curt Gunsbury, Solhem Cos.
"Martha and Kelly are a class act who provide tremendous added value to our projects. To date they have worked with us on four projects totaling $57 million in value. Two of the projects have won top awards for new construction. Martha and Kelly provide an urbane flair and a thoughtful simplicity to all they touch. Their work is that rare combination of surprising and delightful. We whole-heartedly recommend the design skills of Martha Dayton Design."
Ben Ganje, Downtown Resource Group
"My team and I worked with Martha and Kelly on a large residential project in downtown Minneapolis. The scope of the project required staging in multiple condo dwellings that could be adapted to fit the size and layouts within the tower. Martha and Kelly were able to fit within a budget and articulate the spaces with a classy, yet modern vibe. We credit the staging to expediting sales in the building. Martha is a great resource!"
Rob Hjort, CHA, Golder Hospitality
"Martha & Kelly are terrific to work with. They take the time to understand your needs and preferences and provide several options to choose from. They are there through every step of the process, from design to completion, to ensure it is to our expectation!"